Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and growing to 500,000 Blacktown City Council plays an important role in the delivery of services to the community. Blacktown City employs over 2000 staff working across over 40 business lines and provides a wide range of professional opportunities and employee benefits.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
- Permanent full time position
- Undertaking maintenance activities throughout the city
- Focus on the beautification of Blacktown City.
Council is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Civil Maintenance section. This role will involve installing and maintaining Council’s street furniture in an optimum condition and also undertake other maintenance activities to Council’s requirements and in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Qualifications & Experience
- Extensive experience in the installation and maintenance of street furniture including signs, bus shelters, Armco safety railing and other structures
- Experience in supervising labourers, plant operators and sub-Contractors
- Sound knowledge of the functions of road and drainage maintenance activities
- Experience in operating minor plant
- Must hold a Trades Certificate
- Class MR Licence
- Appropriate WorkCover Certificates and Licences.
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,051.30 - $1,177.50 (Grade 6) per week will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 38 hour working week
- Rostered day off (RDO) each fortnight
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 25 May 2018
Contact Officer: Colin Bramman
INTERNAL REF: BCC302