Working Ganger (Concretor)
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and growing to 500,000 Blacktown City Council plays an important role in the delivery of services to the community. Blacktown City employs over 2000 staff working across over 40 business lines and provides a wide range of professional opportunities and employee benefits.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
- Permanent full time position
- Undertaking maintenance activities throughout the City
- Focus on the beautification of Blacktown City.
Council is seeking a highly motivated individual to supervise a small team within the Civil Asset Maintenance section to ensure that concreting projects are constructed effectively and efficiently.
Qualifications & Experience
- Extensive experience in concrete works including pit construction and laying of stormwater pipes
- Practical experience in supervising labourers, plant operators and sub-contractors
- Sound knowledge of the functions of road and drainage maintenance activities
- Experience in operating minor plant
- Class MR drivers licence
- Appropriate WorkCover Certificates and Licences.
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,015.30 - $1,137.20 (Grade 5) per week will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 76 hour fortnight with a rostered day off (RDO)
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 25 May 2018
Contact Officer: Colin Bramman on 9839 9729
INTERNAL REF: BCC231