Audit & Enterprise Risk Management Systems Officer
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and growing to 500,000 Blacktown City Council plays an important role in the delivery of services to the community. Blacktown City employs over 2000 staff working across over 40 business lines and provides a wide range of professional opportunities and employee benefits.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
- Permanent full time position
- Supervisory role with impact
- Focus on Council's Audit and Investigations function
Blacktown City Council is seeking an energetic and highly motivated Auditor with experience in risk management for the purpose of assisting in completing audits in accordance with the approved Strategic Audit Plan for Council and also for implementing a system of Enterprise Risk Management for Council. The successful applicant will participate in the completion of audits of Blacktown City Council strategic audit programme and to implement an Enterprise Risk Management system (ERM) across the whole of Blacktown City Council. Provide audit coverage across the whole of Blacktown City Council based on a control risk analysis of Council operations in order to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the systems of management control. Act in accordance with the NSW WHS Act 2011, WHS Regulation 2017 and the Work Health and Safety (WHS) Management System to ensure a safe place of work.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate field.
- Extensive experience in auditing and implementation of ERM systems in medium and large size organisation.
- High level understanding of ERM and of AS/NZS ISO 31000:2009 Risk Management.
- Extensive experience in participating in Audit & Risk Committee
Knowledge and experience with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) methodologies.
- Interpersonal skills with a capacity to influence others
- Experience in local government and governance related issues
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $86,892.00 - $97,323.20 (Grade 16) per annum will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 25 May 2018
Contact Officer: Ralph Esther on 9839 6435
INTERNAL REF: BCC755