Sport & Fitness Coordinator - Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope - Term Contract (Maternity Leave Cover up to 12 months)
We are looking for a motivated and experienced individual with a passion for the sport and leisure industry to join the team at Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope as Sport and Fitness Coordinator. This position is for maternity leave cover for up to 12 months.
Reporting to the Centre Manager, the Sport & Fitness Team Leader is responsible for:
- Managing an enthusiastic team across the Centre’s health and fitness, crèche, stadium and tennis centre assets
- Delivering positive leisure and recreation outcomes for customers through innovative programs and high quality facilities
- Overseeing the hire of venues facilities for sporting and non-sporting events
About the Opportunity
Key Venues consists of 10 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure, and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation, and commitment to safety.
Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope boasts an impressive gym, and group fitness facilities, supported by a crèche, 4 court indoor stadium, function rooms and aquatic facilities. Blacktown Tennis Centre Stanhope is the latest addition to the venue featuring 16 plexi-cushion tennis courts.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in successfully managing a range of programmes and events within a recreation and leisure environment and preferably in a sports and/or fitness facility context.
- Certificate in supervisory management or equivalent
- Current driver’s license
- Current Working With Children Check
- Relevant qualification in health, fitness, sports coaching and/or event management.
- A higher qualification in relevant recreation facility/programme management field
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR Certificate
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary of $1,492.00 - $1,671.00 (Grade 14) per week will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 8 June 2018
Contact Officer: Lachlan Lawless 9421 2600
INTERNAL REF: BCC797