EXPRESSION OF INTEREST- Marketing and Communications Officer
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and growing to 500,000 Blacktown City Council plays an important role in the delivery of services to the community. Blacktown City employs over 2000 staff working across over 40 business lines and provides a wide range of professional opportunities and employee benefits.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
- Term contract part time position available for a period of up to 6 - 12 months
- Focus on the development, implementation and monitoring of communications and marketing plans for Kids' Early Learning
- Working to implement brand strategies and branding style guide.
The Marketing and Communications Officer will project manage the development and implementation of all marketing actions including promotions, communications, advertising, signage, brochures, websites, branding and social media to deliver a wide variety of marketing project for the Kids' Early Learning service.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree qualifications in communications, public relations or marketing
- Extensive experience in a similar communications or marketing role - minimum 10 years'
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, a capacity to work independently and prioritse workloads
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to detail and a proven ability to write and produce communications for internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to think independently and make sound judgement as required, and work in a team context
- Ability to exercise confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships and rapport with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- The ability to work well under pressure on simultaneous tasks with tight deadlines
- Desktop publishing software proficiency (eg. Adobe Indesign, QuarkExpress, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Project, etc)
- Class C driver's licence.
- Previous experience in a marketing and communications role(s) with children focused products or services.
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary of $74,692.80 - $83,657.60 (Grade 13) per annum, pro-rata will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 30 hours per week
- Term contract part time position
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 14 May 2018
Contact Officer: Rebecca Cooper on 9839 6868
INTERNAL REF: BCC883