Street Cleaning Operator (Casual)
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities. At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
- Maintenance of Council's public assets
- Focus on the beautification of Blacktown City.
Council is seeking self motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join the Street Cleaning Team and assist in the daily functions of this section including manual and mechanical street sweeping, cleansing of nominated utilities, and the removal of unwanted and/or orphan wastes.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant accreditations in a related field
- Current HR Driver's Licence.
- Previous experience in waste management collection and/or removal or a similar field.
Remuneration & Benefits
- A competitive rate $25.5237 - $28.5868 (Grade 4) per hour will be offered based on qualifications and experience with an additional 25% casual loading, in lieu of leave entitlements
- 9.5% employer superannuation contribution.
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 25 May 2018
Contact Officer: Noel Weir on 9839 6725
INTERNAL REF: BCC1297