Environmental Services Administration Officer (Term Contract)
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and forecast to reach 522,000 in the next 20 years, Blacktown City Council plays an important role in the delivery of services to the community. Blacktown City employs over 2000 staff working across over 40 business lines and provides a wide range of professional opportunities and employee benefits.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the Opportunity
Blacktown City Council is seeking a highly motivated and appropriately and experienced administrative officer for 14 hours per week for a period of up to 12 months for the position of Environmental Services Administration Officer.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in the administrative support for the environment section including generating orders and processing invoices, provide accurate and helpful advice to customers, prepare correspondence and reply to customer action requests as well as other duties requested by the Manager of Environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in dealing with customer enquiries
- Previous experience in an office based work environment
- Good keyboard/typing skills.
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- Salary range of $969.90 - $1,086.30 (Grade 4) per week - pro-rata depending on qualifications and experience.
- 14 hour working week (up to 12 months)
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 23 February 2018
Contact Officer: Donna Wallace on 9839 6371
INTERNAL REF: BCC1106