Plant Operator Excavator
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and growing to 500,000 Blacktown City Council plays an important role in the delivery of services to the community. Blacktown City employs over 2000 staff working across over 40 business lines and provides a wide range of professional opportunities and employee benefits.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
Council is seeking a highly motivated and experienced plant operator to join Council's Asset Construction section. You will operate excavators, backhoes and skid steers in all facets of civil construction work including earthworks, drainage works and road construction.
- Permanent full time position
- Operation of multiple items of plant in undertaking road construction works
- Focus on the beautification of Blacktown City.
Qualifications & Experience
- Extensive experience in operating excavators in all facets of civil construction including earthworks, trenching and road construction
- Appropriate WorkCover certificates and licences
- Class ‘C’ driver’s licence.
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,015.30 - $1,137.20 (Grade 5) per week will be offered based on qualifications and experience.
- 76 hour fortnight with a rostered day off (RDO)
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 23 February 2018
Contact Officer: Arek Nadolski on 9839 6334
INTERNAL REF: BCC69