Learn to Swim Assistant - Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Key Venues section of Blacktown City Council.
Key Venues consists of 10 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
About the Opportunity
Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope is an award winning multi- purpose facility that offers high quality programs and services. It includes an indoor aquatic centre with 25 metre 10 lane lap pool, wave pool and program pool. Aqua Learn to Swim is the core swim school program designed to offer all members of our community the confidence to enjoy swimming for fun, fitness and leisure.
A full time position is available for a motivated and experienced individual who shares a commitment and passion for swim school to join the team at Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope.
The Learn to Swim Assistant will assist with delivering the swim school program. The role includes managing administrative tasks, providing high quality customer service and teaching learn to swim classes when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Austswim Certificate in Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- Current First Aid
- Current CPR Certificate and Oxygen Equipment
- Experience in a similar swim school role
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Class 'C' Driver's Licence.
- Pool Lifeguard Award/Bronze Medallion Award
- Experience and knowledge of the administration of swimming programs and resources
- Sound computer skills with proficiency in point of sale and membership software
- Austswim Certificate in Teacher of Infant Aquatics.
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary and conditions are in accordance with Blacktown Council's Enterprise Agreement.
- A salary range of $924.00 - $1,034.80 (Grade 3) per week depending on qualifications and experience plus an additional consideration of 12.25% in acknowledgement of scheduled weekend work.
- 114 hours over a 3 week period, working 1 weekend in a three week cycle.
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 16 February 2018
Contact Officer: Kate Williamson
INTERNAL REF: BCC818