Driver Garbage Services (Casual)
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and growing to 500,000 Blacktown City Council plays an important role in the delivery of services to the community. Blacktown City employs over 2000 staff working across over 40 business lines and provides a wide range of professional opportunities and employee benefits.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the Opportunity
Council is seeking to create a casual pool of relief drivers for our garbage service. You will be responsible for duties that include, promoting a positive image of Council’s garbage collection services; collecting unwanted residential and commercial waste utilising manual and mechanical aids; operating automated mobile plant in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications, statutory requirements and Council’s policies and procedures and maintaining daily checklists/run sheets.
You will be responsible for collecting unwanted residential and commercial waste using manual and mechanical aids relieving ‘Garbage Service Driver – Bin Maintenance’ and relieving clean-up crew as required and acting in accordance with the NSW WHS Act 2011, WHS Regulation 2011 and the Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Management System to ensure a safe place of work.
Qualifications and Experience
- Well developed communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to locate properties using a street directory, directions and signage
- Current HR Drivers Licence
- Previous experience in waste management collection and/or removal or similar field.
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- This position has been validated at Grade 5 in Councils Salary System with an hourly rate starting at $25.11 plus 25% casual loading.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City is committed to safety. We will be introducing alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application. Best of luck.
Contact Officer: Paul Hammant 9625 2170
INTERNAL REF: Driver Garbage Services (Casual)
Closing date: Ongoing