3 x Assistant Team Leaders- Projects (Town Planners)
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and growing to 500,000 Blacktown City Council plays an important role in the delivery of services to the community. Blacktown City Council employs over 2000 staff working across over 40 business lines and provides a wide range of professional opportunities and employee benefits.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
Council is looking for 3 experienced and competent town planners to join and assist in leading the Major Projects Team within our Development Services Unit. The principle duties of this position are to process the more significant development applications including those to the Sydney Planning Panel. The position involves undertaking DA assessment and other planning tasks in a timely manner while ensuring compliance with Council's statutory responsibilities, policies and procedures. Blacktown City Council is experiencing unprecedented levels of development activity particularly in the growth centres. The ideal candidates would be experienced town planners who have expert working knowledge of the relevant planning legislation and who enjoy working in a fast paced and busy work environment. The positions require town planners who are self-driven and are able to work to meet strict deadlines. The successful town planners will work in a friendly and experienced team and will have the opportunity to work on a variety of larger scale development types.
Qualifications and Experience
- Town Planning or equivalent tertiary degree in a related discipline.
- Significant experience as a Town Planner, especially involving the assessment of development applications.
- Experience working with other disciplines and coordinating input from various professionals.
- Experience in setting short term and long term objectives with follow-up performance monitoring.
- Current Class “C” driver’s licence.
- Experience in writing complex reports competently.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary of $86,892.00 - $97,323.00 per annum (Grade 16 inclusive of a market premium allowance) will be offered based on qualifications and experience.
- Leaseback vehicle applicable to 2 positions and motor vehicle allowance applicable to 1 position
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement (9 day fortnight)
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 2 February 2018
Contact Officer: Alan Middlemiss 9839 6146
INTERNAL REF: BCC583 BCC591 BCC1635 BCC1645