Driver Garbage Services x 3
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and growing to 500,000 Blacktown City Council plays an important role in the delivery of services to the community. Blacktown City employs over 2000 staff working across over 40 business lines and provides a wide range of professional opportunities and employee benefits.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the Opportunity
Council is seeking to add to its team of drivers for our Waste Services Section. You will be responsible for promoting a positive image of Council by providing garbage collection services, collecting unwanted residential and commercial waste, and delivering and repairing mobile garbage bins. You will be operating a range of waste compactors and other equipment.
You will need to comply with our Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Management System to ensure a safe place of work, statutory requirements and, our policies and procedures.
Our Waste Services Section is trialling the collection of orphan household waste and non-complying clean ups. If we continue with this program permanently, you can be required to perform this work as part of your duties and you will be required to work fixed hours as currently performed during the trial. You should familiarise yourself with the orphan waste program.
Qualifications and Experience
- Well developed communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to locate properties using a street directory, directions and signage.
- Current HR Drivers Licence.
- Previous experience in waste management collection and/or removal or similar field.
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A salary range of $1,015.30 - $1,137.20 (Grade 5) per week will be offered depending on experience.
- 19 day working month with a rostered day off
- Employer benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application. Best of luck.
Closing date: 25 May 2018
Contact Officer: Paul Hammant 9625 2170
INTERNAL REF: BCC1713 BCC1714 BCC1715