Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and growing to 500,000 Blacktown City Council plays an important role in the delivery of services to the community. Blacktown City employs over 2000 staff working across over 40 business lines and provides a wide range of professional opportunities and employee benefits.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
- Permanent full time position
- Fast paced role with maintenance of Council's garden areas
- Focus on beautification of Blacktown City.
Council is seeking a highly motivated and appropriately qualified and skilled person to work in a small team environment to undertake the maintenance and landscape improvement works of Council's public open space areas. You will be assisting the Maintenance Crews in the servicing and maintaining Councils landscape roadways, verges and other public open space areas. Undertake the maintenance of premier passive open space area to ensuring a high level of quality landscape finish that is safe and attractive to Council's parks and reserves.
Qualifications & Experience
- Certificate III Horticulture or equivalent, or satisfactory completion of an indentured Apprenticeship as a Gardener
- Extensive experience in maintenance of gardens and landscaped areas including annuals, exotic, native, high profile gardens, etc
- Chemical Application Accreditation
- Current ‘C’ Class Driver’s Licence
- Current MR Driver’s Licence
- Traffic Controller Implementation Accreditation
- First Aid Certificate.
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,051.30 - $1,177.50 (Grade 6) per week will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 76 hour fortnight with a rostered day off (RDO)
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 18 May 2018
Contact Officer: Annette Camden on 9839 6353
INTERNAL REF: BCC313