Learning and Development Support Officer
Previous applicants will be considered for this position and need not re-apply
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and growing to 500,000 Blacktown City Council plays an important role in the delivery of services to the community. Blacktown City employs over 2000 staff working across over 40 business lines and provides a wide range of professional opportunities and employee benefits.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the Opportunity
An exciting opportunity has become available in our Learning and Development section as a Learning and Development Support Officer. Provision of high level customer support to both internal and external customers. You will be responsible for the planning and coordination of internal and external training courses for Council's employees. You will be working in busy environment and will need strong time management and organisational skills. You will have a strong focus on customer service, and a willingness to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation.
To provide high level administrative support to the Coordinator Learning & Development.
Undertake tasks to support the delivery of Learning & Development (L&D) initiative’s and programs with the L&D team.
Act in accordance with the New South Wales (NSW) Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Act 2011, WHS Regulation 2017 and the WHS Management System to ensure a safe place of work.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated relevant experience
- Experience in the use of various computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel)
- Experience in administering Learning Management System functions such as recording training and setting up events
- Ability to work within a small, dynamic and fast- paced team environment
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to exceptional customer service
- Well-developed communication and negotiation skills
- Solid understanding of Council’s roles and functions for the community
- Availability to work flexible working hours
- Class “C” Licence.
- Certificate III in Business Administration and/or Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A salary range of $1,051.30 - $1,177.50 (Grade 6) per week will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
Closing Date: 18 May 2018
Contact Officer: Chris McKenzie on 9839 6349
INTERNAL REF: BCC874