Arborist x 2
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and growing to 500,000 Blacktown City Council plays an important role in the delivery of services to the community. Blacktown City employs over 2000 staff working across over 40 business lines and provides a wide range of professional opportunities and employee benefits.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
Do you have a keen and ready to start attitude? Have you completed a Certificate III in Arboriculture or are due to complete this? If yes, then we want you to apply.
As an Arborist in our Tree Maintenance section, you will be responsible for undertaking specialist arboricultural works to ensure efficient replacement and maintenance of public trees. Operating across the 250 square kilometres of Blacktown City Council government area it presents opportunities to play a key role in the beautification of Blacktown City. This position requires someone who is energised, skillful, talented and committed.
- 2 x permanent full time positions
- Technical roles
- Focus on beautification and amenity.
You will undertake scheduled and reactive arboriculture maintenance works on street and park trees, along with undertaking planting and establishment.
Selected shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake a practical assessment.
Qualifications & Experience
- Australian Qualifications Framework Certificate III in Arboriculture or equivalent
- Current MR drivers licence
- Minimum 2 years' experience
- Relevant recognised training and experience in chainsaw operations at level 1 and 2
- Relevant recognised training and experience in basic arboricultural tasks including climbing and rigging at level 1 and 2
- NSW General Construction Induction Card (white card).
- Relevant recognised training and experience in chainsaw operation at level 3 and 4
- Australian Qualifications Framework Certificate III in Horticulture
- Work Cover approved Senior First Aid certificate
- RTA approved Traffic Controller Accreditation
- Aerial Rescue Statement of Attainment
- Pesticide/herbicide appliction accreditation (AQF3)
- Elevated Work Platform operator licence
- Demonstrated experience in the use of a large tree chipper.
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,051.30 - $1,177.50 (Grade 6) per week will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 76 hour fortnight with a rostered day off (RDO)
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 23 March 2018
Contact Officer: Matthew Adamcewicz on 9839 6562
INTERNAL REF: BCC426 and BCC427