Trainee Environmental Health Officer (Term Contract 12 months)
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities. At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the Opportunity
Blacktown City Council is seeking a highly motivated person currently enrolled in a relevant tertiary course for the position of Trainee Environmental Health Officer for a period of up to 12 months.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in the support for the environment health section including, providing accurate and helpful advice to customers, answer telephone and “counter” enquiries, as required, prepare correspondence and reply to customer action requests as well as other duties requested by the Senior Environmental Health Officer.
Qualifications and Experience
- Enrolled in a relevant tertiary qualification in an environmental health field.
- Current Class 'C' Driver's Licence.
Remunerations and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A salary range will be offered in accordance with Council's Trainee rates of pay
- 35 hour working week
- 12 month term contract
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 16 February 2018
Contact Officer: Donna Wallace 9839 6371
INTERNAL REF: BCC1093