Activity Officer (Duty Manager) - Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope
Key Venues consists of 10 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
About the Opportunity
An exciting opportunity exists to join Key Venues at Blacktown City Council.
Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope is an award winning multi- purpose facility that offers high quality programs and services. It includes an indoor aquatic centre with 25 metre 10 lane lap pool, wave pool, program pool, a 4 court stadium and 16 court tennis complex as well as a health and fitness centre, crèche and function room facilities.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced person who has a commitment and passion for sport to come and join the Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope team as an Activity Officer (Duty Manager).
Activity Officers are responsible for ensuring the day-to-day operations of the Centre using effective planning whilst adhering to policy and procedures. They ensure the centre is managed in line with industry best practice and high levels of service and customer satisfaction. We need an Activity Officer with shift coordination experience, who has effective time management skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Holds or has the ability to obtain a current Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- Holds or has the ability to obtain a current First Aid certificate
- Holds or has the ability to obtain a current CPR Certificate and Oxygen Equipment
- Experience in a similar environment
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Current Working with Children Check
- A preferred qualification for this position is a TAFE Certificate of Attainment (Pool Operations).
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary of $1,087.30 - $1,217.80 (Grade 7) per week plus 12.25% for scheduled weekends will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 114 hours over a 3 week period, working 1 weekend in a three week cycle
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 16 February 2018
Contact Officer: Kellie Varlet 9421 2600
INTERNAL REF: BCC819