Economic Development Officer - Business Partnerships and Support
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and growing to 500,000 Blacktown City Council plays an important role in the delivery of services to the community. Blacktown City employs over 2000 staff working across over 40 business lines and provides a wide range of professional opportunities and employee benefits.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
Blacktown's economy is over $15 billion and growing. The City has around 20,000 businesses, with a significant number of large corporate and thousands of small and medium enterprises. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our Corporate Strategy and Economic Development team. Reporting to our head of Economic Development, you will actively engage with the Blacktown business community, building relationships and providing local government support and help build partnerships at the local, regional and national level. This challenging position requires extensive and diverse skills and the proven capability to assist in business and employment growth.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant qualifications in Economics, Marketing, Urban Planning, Business Management or a related field and/or experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the fields of economic development or business support
- Experience in providing research and policy advice
- Knowledge of the small business sector
- Current driver’s licence.
- Small business experience
- Local government experience.
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $83,413.20 - $93,423.20 (Grade 15) per annum will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Click here to view or download the position description
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 23 February 2018
Contact Officer: Nathan Burbridge on 9839 6233
INTERNAL REF: BCC655