Administrative Assistant - Cemeteries (12 month term contract)
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and forecast to reach 522,000 in the next 20 years, Blacktown City Council plays an important role in the delivery of services to the community. Blacktown City employs over 2000 staff working across over 40 business lines and provides a wide range of professional opportunities and employee benefits.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the Opportunity
Blacktown City Council is seeking a highly motivated and experienced administrative assistant to join the Property team for 21 hours per week for a period of up to 12 months. You will provide quality assistance to the Senior Property Officer and Manager Property to effectively manage the Council controlled cemeteries. This position requires someone who is customer focused, innovative and committed to meeting the corporate needs of the Council.
Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate III in Business Studies or related field and/or minimum 12 months relevant work experience
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
- Excellent presentation and demonstrated ability to be able to cope with stressful situations and be empathetic to customers that are experiencing high levels of grief and bereavement
- WHS Induction Card (White Card)
- Local Government Experience
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- Salary range of $1,105.30 - $1,137.20 (Grade 5) per week, pro-rata will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 21 hour working week (up to 12 months)
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 26 January 2018
Contact Officer: Melissa Vassiliou on 9839 6405
INTERNAL REF: N/A