Senior Records Officer
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and forecast to reach 522,000 in the next 20 years, Blacktown City Council plays an important role in the delivery of services to the community. Blacktown City employs over 2000 staff working across over 40 business lines and provides a wide range of professional opportunities and employee benefits.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the Opportunity
Blacktown City Council is seeking a highly motivated and appropriately qualified and skilled records administrator to join Council's Records team. You will provide high level records administration support to ensure records are administered in compliance with the NSW State Records Act 1998 along with ongoing support for the efficient and effective use of Council’s Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate IV in Records Management
- High level computer literacy and ability to use a range of software products
- A minimum 4 years work experience in Records Management
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience of applying the NSW State Records Act 1998.
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- Salary range of $1,087.30 - $1,217.80 (Grade 7) per week depending on qualifications and experience.
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 26 January 2018
Contact Officer: Lisa Stone on 9839 6505
INTERNAL REF: BCC767