Clerk - Development Services Administration (12 month term contract)
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and growing to 500,000 Blacktown City Council plays an important role in the delivery of services to the community. Blacktown City employs over 2000 staff working across over 40 business lines and provides a wide range of professional opportunities and employee benefits.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
- Term contract position maternity leave relief up to 12 months
- Clerical support to the Development Assessment team.
This position is an important part of the Clerical Unit, supporting the Development Services Unit in the processing of various types of applications and certificates, including development applications, 149 certificates, and subdivision certificates.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate field
- A minimum of twelve (12) months work experience in a similar role
- Current Class “C” driver’s licence.
- Relevant office experience and good keyboard skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to deal efficiently with multiple tasks
- Data entry experience, high volume
- Customer service experience both face to face and over the phone.
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $969.90 - $1,086.30 (Grade 4) per week will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 35 hours per week
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 26 January 2018
Contact Officer: Meg Fox on 9839 6202
INTERNAL REF: Term contract - up to March 2019