Rates, Name and Address Register Officer
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and growing to 500,000 Blacktown City Council plays an important role in the delivery of services to the community. Blacktown City employs over 2000 staff working across over 40 business lines and provides a wide range of professional opportunities and employee benefits.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the Opportunity
- Newly created permanent full time position
- Role in Rates team.
This position forms a senior part of the Rating team within the Finance section, responsible for the ongoing maintenance of Council's name and address register . You will be responsible for developing and liaising with internal stakeholders in regards to naming conventions, policies and procedures. You will also assist the Rates team in the ongoing development and maintenance of Council's strategies, polices, procedures in relation to all aspects of rating and debt recovery. You will also be involved in the development of Council's corporate software system to enhance the quality and timeliness of information provided to customers, as well as ensuring all statutory requirements are met.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in a related area and/or minimum 3 years relevant experience
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate with staff effectively across all organisational levels and roles.
- Experience in the Local Government Sector
- Experience in using Technology One suite of products
- Current Class ‘C’ Driver’s Licence.
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A salary range of $1,087.30 - $1,217.80 (Grade 7) will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 2 February 2018
Contact Officer: Scott Douglas 9839 6493
INTERNAL REF: BCC1721